Current Video Games I’m Playing

In today’s blog I thought I would go through which Video Games I am currently playing. It’s not unusual for me to be playing multiple games on different platforms. I try to play my handheld consoles when I’m on the go e.g. Nintendo 3DS or Playstation Vita whilst I tend to use my main consoles e.g. PS4, Xbox One or Nintendo Wii U at home. I do prefer playing this way because I am then able to get full use of all of the consoles and it gives me something to do when I’m on break at work.

PS4 – Destiny 2 


I’ve been playing Destiny 2 almost since it was released at the beginning of September 2017. Destiny 2 is first person shooter, which is also an MMO (Massively Multiplayer Online). Destiny 2 has been one of the successful online games that have options to play on your own or with friends. I have been currently levelling up my Warlock (296) and doing all the bits before the rests come in. I haven’t been able to do the Raid yet because I hadn't enough time to complete it. I am enjoying Destiny 2 but I am currently finding that I’m struggling for things to do until the reset days. It was really good fun doing the Faction Challenges and what made it better that my Faction Dead Orbit won!! I am particularly been enjoying playing some Iron Banner and I have seen the armour that’s available. I have to say the armour looks sweet and it's very much like Samurai armour – the Warlock one looks epic!! I can’t wait to complete the set of armour and I already have the helmet.

Xbox One – Cuphead 


In the style of a 1930’s cartoon, Cuphead is a fast pace running and shooting game in a 2d platform. Cuphead and Mugman made a bet with the Devil and lost. Devil spares them but only if they do as the Devil pleases. This single and local co-op game allows players to play as Cuphead (and Mugman) to explore strange worlds to pay your debt back to the Devil. I am currently on the second world where I have to fight mini bosses to collect debts for the Devil. I was told Cuphead is a hard game and trust me it really is!! The one thing I love about Cuphead is that when you are fighting the mini bosses you are constantly learning the various patterns and it changes for some of your attempts. The music and graphics are outstanding - it really gives a feel of a typical 1930’s with an upbeat jazz styled music. MDHR Studio have thought of everything – I won’t say much more because I will be doing a review blog soon #spoilers XD.

 PS Vita – Tomb Raider 


The Tomb Raider I remembered was on PS1 (it was also available on Saturn & MS-DOS) but I purchased this on the PS Vita. I am sad to admit that I haven't played the original Tomb Raider (please don’t shoot me). Instead I watched my Dad play but with the rest of my family. We helped him solve puzzles in the game. In the times of the original Tomb Raider (1996) we didn’t have the luxury of being able to use the Internet for walkthroughs. We had to buy gaming guides to help us and even then it wasn’t always very easy to follow. I also need to point out that there was no autosaves but you had save crystals and if you died you started at the last save crystal. It always look forward to my break at work because it reminded me all of those fond memories I have. It took me a while to get use to the tank controls but after that it wasn’t too bad. I am currently at the Sanctuary of the Scion at the beginning of the level but I must reasonably close to end the game.

I haven’t mentioned the Nintendo 3DS or the Nintendo Wii U and that’s because I haven’t played much of them at the moment. I want to finish Tomb Raider on the PS Vita and once I’ve done that I’m torn between playing Xenoblade Chronicles or Monster Hunter Stories. I’m probably going to play Monster Hunter Stories because I want to write a review (OMG more SPOILERS XD)!!
In regards to the Wii U I have started playing Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild which I want to play more of when I have reached the Light cap on Destiny 2 or/and completed Cuphead. I have found it difficult to get into Breath of the Wild because lots of games I want to play have been released recently and I just haven’t had the chance to get back to it.
I hope you like the games I am currently playing and let me know which games you are playing!!






Comments

Popular Posts